WinterFest is an incredible experience that rallies thousands of students in celebration. This is a great opportunity for those wishing to build their community hours or University Co-Curricular Transcript. If you are interested in volunteering at WinterFest, please fill out our volunteer application at www.uwsa.ca/volunteer.
Media outlets can request to be accredited for the event and receive media passes. Requests must be sent to our Director of Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the event.
Interview requests can be addressed to our President, Jeremiah Bowers (email@example.com).
To maintain a safe WinterFest experience, certain items are allowed/prohibited. In addition to our event rules, there are other restrictions due to the event being held on University property.
Government issued photo identification
Small bags, backpacks, plush backpacks, & purses (maximum 12″x12″)
Plastic water bottles and CamelBaks (with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment) – EMPTY upon entry
Sunglasses & hats
Powder makeup and factory sealed tampons
Sealed packs of gum
Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired and only enough for use on the day.
– The label on the bottle must include the following: your name (matching your photo ID), name of the medication, directions to use, date prescription was filled.
– Medicines will be reviewed upon entry
Flags/banners or handmade signs (no metal or wood flag poles)
Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″
Glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
Sealed lip balm & gloss
Cannabis is not authorized on University property. While we encourage that cannabis not be used at any point before, during or after the event, please ensure any cannabis product is used off campus property.
Outside food of any kind
Weapons of any kind
Pepper spray and mace
E-cigs or vapes
Selfie sticks including Go Pro poles
Culturally sensitive attire or offensive clothing/costumes
Full body morph/spandex suits that cover the head
Masks of any kind including: dust masks and gas masks, beaded masks or other novelty masks
Drug paraphernalia (including vaporizers)
Laser pointers (or similar devices)
Eye drops (available at first aid stations)
Over-the-counter medication (available from a first aid station)
Liquid makeup or unsealed tampons (upon entry)
Glass, cans, cups or coolers
Markers, pens or spray paint
Large chains or spiked jewelry
Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
Oversized purses, bags, duffel bags or backpacks
Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
Outside beverages (including alcohol)
Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (SLR/DSLR cameras)
No detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs
Pets with the exception of service animals
Stuffed animals or dolls
Lost & Found
If you have a lost/missing item, please email UWSA@UWINDSOR.CA with a detailed description and/or photo of the item. Our staff will be in touch with where the item has been found and where you can pick it up.
While fun and entertainment are at the heart of WinterFest, looking after and maintaining our community is our first and foremost priority. Our event is being hosted on University property, and will revert back to regular student use after the concert. This means we have a collective responsible to be respectful of our surroundings and towards other festival goers and event staff. All of this ensures that you can enjoy the time of your life and take in the full WinterFest experience!
That said, please follow these guidelines while attending WinterFest:
- Make an effort to clean up after yourself (throw away garbage, recycle plastics). No one likes a dirty concert!
- Please be polite to event staff and fellow participants (respect security directions, don’t cut lines, etc.).
- Respect University of Windsor property, the St. Denis Centre, and the surrounding community. Please leave the site as you find it upon entering WinterFest. Do not remove signs, banners, or posters from the event site. Do not climb or damage poles, trees, etc.
- Respect the equipment. This stuff ain’t cheap! All of the tech, staging, etc. contribute to the incredible WinterFest experience. Those who tamper with the equipment may be removed from the site.
- To address any emergency, urgent or safety matters, Emergency Medical Services and the University of Windsor Student Medical Response Service will be available on-site.
Food & Beverages
Food vendors will be available on-site.
Come as you are, but read over Allowed/Prohibited Items before you finalize your outfit for the night.
Paid parking is offered in the two lots on College Avenue across from the Dennis Fairall Fieldhouse. Other parking lots are also nearby. For efficiency and environmental purposes, we encourage you to carpool with friends, take an Uber/cash, or make use of the City busses which will drop you right near the venue, Regardless of what you choose, please make sure you plan ahead to get safely to and from the event. The UWSA WalkSafe program and Red Frogs will be on-site after-hours to provide safe walks home for anyone needing or wanting an extra hand or presence.
More info on parking options to be provided soon.
If you are from out of town, inexpensive hotel accommodations can be found nearby. Notable hotels within a close distance include the Holiday Inn on Huron Church Line or the Best Western on Riverside Drive.
Tickets can be purchased HERE. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Early bird tickets are all sold out! Tier 2 General Admission tickets are now on sale for $40 until Dec. 15th. After Dec. 15th, tickets go up to $45. The quicker you buy, the more you save.
Note: Tickets are
Congratulations on embracing the WinterFest experience! Please carefully read through the information below. Should you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is this for UWindsor students only? No. Anyone can participate in the WinterFest experience.
- Is it all ages? Yes! The event is open to all ages (16+).
- What do I need to bring? Two pieces of government-issued photo ID (passport, driver’s licence, student card, etc.).
- How do I get into the venue? Once you scan your online ticket barcode at the gate, you’ll receive a wristband. Your wristband gives you access to the event. Early wristband pickup will be available in January. Time and location TBA.
- How much are tickets? General Admission tickets are tiered. Tickets are $40 until Dec. 15, 2019 and $45 from Dec. 15, 2019 – Jan. 24, 2020.
- What does “tiered tickets” mean? Tiered tickets mean only a certain number of tickets are available for a certain price. Once a tier has sold out its tickets, the price goes up to the next tier (e.g. Tier 2 tickets are $40, Tier 3 tickets are $45). The quicker you buy, the more you’ll save.
- Can I get a refund? All ticket sales are final. Tickets are non-transferable. Please direct ticketing issues to email@example.com.
- Are there ins and outs at WinterFest? No, there are no in and out privileges. Once you leave, you will not be permitted re-entry.
The UWSA is committed to running events that are safe, inclusive and accessible to all participants. Should you have any accessibility concerns or questions, please direct them to our General Manager. (firstname.lastname@example.org).