University of Windsor and UWSA sign historical cooperative document
On Wednesday, June 6th, the University of Windsor and the UWSA collectively signed The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). This document is the first of its kind between a student union and the University of Windsor. The following highlights the significance of the MoU:
- It affirms the progressive, open and cooperative relationship between the University and the UWSA for the mutual benefits of our Student Membership.
- Reaffirms the identity of the UWSA as the major stakeholder and representative body for full-time undergraduate students.
- Addresses the withholding of fees by the University (a problem began in 2014): UWSA student fees may only be withheld if (1) the law or MoU is violated; (2) After a thorough and rigid dispute resolution process (in which there are 3 steps; Negotiation, Mediation, and Arbitration) or finding of such violation by a court of law; and (3) as a last resort, if no other remedy would be sufficient to address the violation.
- It is based on the values of strategic cooperation, respect and understanding, openness and trust, mutual support/commitment, student union independence and accountability.
- The agreement has no expiration, and therefore it ensures a strong partnership for years to come.
You can find the document here.