Downloadable Calendar PDF
1. How can I get involved with the election? What positions are open?
If you are seeking to run in this By-Election, look over the list of open positions and see if you are eligible to run:
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences Representative (3)
- Faculty of Computer Science Representative (1)
- Odette School of Business Representative (1)
- Faculty of Law Representative (1)
- Faculty of Dramatic Arts Representative (1)
- Faculty of Science Representative (2)
- Residence Representative (1)
- International Students’ Representative (1)
From there, swing by the UWSA office, second-floor CAW Student Centre to pick up a nomination package, or online via the website, starting on October 15th
2. How do I vote for a candidate?
A: The UWSA By-Election will be held online in order to best ensure certainty and transparency.
Please use the link: https://webapps.uwindsor.ca/election/uwsa/application/login.php
3. Why Should I Vote?
A: The ability to vote is a right that many had bravely sought to secure. Voting is an integral part of having a voice on your campus, and by deciding to become an active participant in the elections that directly affect students, you end up learning a lot about the power dynamics of a university’s democratic process. Additionally, by voting, you hold those who do run for office accountable, by selecting the candidate you believe can not only bring the best ideas to the campus, but more importantly, who can follow through on them. The benefits of voting are countless!
4. What are the rules governing the election?
A: The UWSA By-Election is governed by the ‘UWSA Elections Policy’
5. Who should I contact if I have any questions about the election?
The UWSA By-Election is designed and enforced by the Chief Returning Officer. If you have any questions regarding the election please contact:
Liam Adams – UWSA CRO
UWSA office – CAW Student Centre Rm.225
(ph.) 519- 253-3000 ext.4554
Get Involved!The members of the UWSA Board of Directors
are students who are elected by UWSA members every year. The Board of Directors work and fight for student interests and are the decision-making body of the UWSA. Make sure to vote for the candidate you want to represent you or run in the election yourself!
Please take some time to review the Important Documents
relating to UWSA Elections. In particular, the UWSA Elections Policies
and the UWSA Referendum Policy
will be very helpful in answering any questions regarding elections and referendums.
In the General Election during the winter semester, all positions below will be re-elected. UWSA ExecutivesPresident Vice-President Student Services Vice-President Student Advocacy Vice-President Finance Board PositionsBoard of Director Student Senator Board of Governors Representative