AGM 2nd Notice
Looking to get involved and learn more about the student voice at the university?
Then the UWSA Annual General Meeting is the place for you! Come out Wednesday March 29, 2017 for information from your student union, free food and a chance for the first 100 students to win a $150.00 bookstore gift card!! See you there!
Find the full AGM Agenda HERE.
2nd NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF
THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENTS’ ALLIANCE (“UWSA”)
2nd Notice is hereby given in accordance with the By-laws of the UWSA and the Corporations Act (Ontario) of a general meeting of the Members of the UWSA to be held at 4:00 pm on Wednesday March 29, 2017 in the Katzman lounge in, Vanier Hall. Members that are unable to attend are able to send proxies in their place in accordance to By Law 40.12.
BY Law 40.12 PROXIES
- Members may vote by proxy on matters at the AGM or Special General Meeting.
- A Member shall be permitted to hold only one (1) proxy vote;
- Voting actions must be taken in the interests of the UWSA and its Members and consistent with the UWSA conflict of interest guidelines as set out in By-Law 110;
- A proxy form shall be approved by the Board and sent out with the notice of the meeting;
- The proxy form shall provide means whereby the person whose proxy is solicited is afforded an opportunity to specify that the proxy holder shall vote in accordance with such Member’s choice in each matter or group of related matters identified in the notice of meeting;
- The proxy may confer discretionary authority with respect to matters as to which a choice is not so specified or with respect to amendments or variations to matters identified in the notice of meeting;
- Proxies must be filed with the AGM Secretary no later than forty-eight (48) hours, excluding Saturdays and holidays, preceding any meeting or adjourned meeting for which the proxy has been solicited and shall be filed in such manner as the Board may determine; and
- Proxy ballots will be counted by the meeting scrutineers.
Proxies must be submitted to the UWSA office by 5:00 p.m. on March 27, 2017:
- In person at the UWSA office CAW Student Centre rm. 209
- By email at UWSA@uwindsor.ca
- By fax at 519-971-3654
Find Proxy Form HERE.